Who We Are
By the numbers in 2022
We help protect the health, income and retirement needs of our customers with 3.2 million policies.
We paid $2 billion in claims to policyholders.
We have $34 billion in total assets.
We employ approximately 3,400 full-time associates.
We returned $3.2 billion to shareholders over the past 10 years.
We contract with approximately 4,600 exclusive insurance agents and over 4,000 independent partner agents nationwide.
Diversity, equity & inclusion
We embrace diversity, actively pursue equity and foster an inclusive environment.
We're honest and ethical, operating within the letter and spirit of the law.
We care deeply about our customers' financial well-being. We work together to meet their needs and deliver on our promises.
We strive for excellence in our products, services and business processes. We are passionate about winning in the marketplace.
We work—and win—as a team, exemplifying commitment, participation and collaboration.
Awards and recognition
What We Do
Now more than ever, middle-income Americans need health, income and retirement solutions. We work with millions of customers each year to offer solutions that meet their needs today and for the life of their retirement.
How we can help:
- Building holistic health and financial security plans before retirement
- Creating an income stream in retirement
- Navigating retirement healthcare
We offer integrated voluntary benefits, benefits administration technology, and benefits education services to businesses, employer groups, associations, and their benefits brokers.
How we can help:
- Helping businesses enhance their year-round benefits programs
- Offering employers voluntary benefits for employees
- Providing industry-leading benefits enrollment technology
- Helping employees make better healthcare decisions
Center for a Secure Retirement
Our Family of Brands
Bankers Life offers life and health insurance products, annuities and investments that are designed for Americans who are near or in retirement.
Colonial Penn makes buying insurance simple with easy-to-understand, affordable insurance products designed for middle-income retirees.
Washington National is a leading provider of supplemental health and life insurance for middle-income Americans in the worksite and individual markets.
Optavise is a one-stop-shop for employee benefits programs, offering a combination of products, technology, and expert guidance—all from one company.
PMA USA is a group of agents across the nation who bring decades of excellence in marketing, sales and customer service to the voluntary benefits business.
myHealthPolicy.com is an online insurance marketplace focused on helping consumers learn about and enroll in health plans such as Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement insurance and Prescription Drug plans.
40|86 manages the investment portfolios of CNO's insurance subsidiaries. It specializes in fixed-income portfolio management. As of 2023, it managed over $34 billion in total assets.
Life and health insurance
Workforce benefits solutions
Working at CNO
CNO was ranked in the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America® for providing one of the best workforce health and employee well-being programs in the nation. Our benefits package for associates includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Pay-for-performance bonus plan
- Award-winning employee well-being program
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our DE&I commitment
- Recruitment and selection. Hire, develop and retain diverse talent that reflects the markets we serve.
- Education and awareness. Affirm equality for all individuals and commit to creating an environment of mutual acceptance, understanding and respect.
- Associate development. Cultivate an inclusive culture that leverages the diverse skills, ideas and full capabilities of all associates.
Business resource groups
Our associate-led Business Resource Groups (BRGs) build a strong, inclusive community at CNO and provide a safe space for discussion, education, idea sharing, and personal and professional development.
- Caregivers and Careers BRG
- L.U.N.A. Latinos Unidos Network for Advancement BRG
- PRISM LGTBQ+ BRG
- Smart Organized United Leaders (S.O.U.L.) African American/Black BRG
- Veterans and Families BRG
- Women's BRG
- Women of Color Affinity Group
- Women's Leadership & Networking Affinity Group
In the Community
Supporting health and financial wellness
At CNO, we’re invested in giving back to organizations that support the health and financial wellness of middle-income Americans and help build stronger communities where we live and work.
Our community impact in 2022
Total community impact value in 2022
Volunteer hours in 2022
We are proud of our corporate philanthropy partnerships with the Alzheimer's Association®, American Heart Association®, American Cancer Society® and the African American Alliance of CDFI CEOs (The Alliance).
Team CNO volunteers
Our associate volunteer program, Team CNO, has provided opportunities for associate community engagement for 21 years. In 2022, the value of all our philanthropic efforts was more than $2.6 million in total community impact and our associates volunteered more than 10,500 hours to community service.